And woosh- we are in June! I kind of love when the start of the month coincides with the start of the week. For my OCD mind, it makes everything seem so organized!
We are definitely starting to feel the heat here in the city and finally decided it was time to bring out the air conditioner for the room. As we discovered from the loud clacking of drops going splat on the unit last night, however, it may have been a little too soon. Storms started yesterday and based off the weather report, it’s supposed to rain all week. I’m so glad we are heading to the Dominican Republic for a week on Wednesday! In the 6 years that Mr. C and I have been dating we’ve actually never been on a vacation with just the two of us! I’m so excited!
Beyond the vacation though, I have a lot of things planned for the month. We are still working on making changes and adjustments here so these are my goals for the month:
1. Work on sketches for silkscreening: I’m intending to join a silkscreen studio in July to make work to sell here. If I’m going to get the most out of my time there I need to start getting sketches and drawings ready!
2. Finish branding the page: I want to really get my color scheme organized along with my font and “style” set. I’m still trying to officially work out where this blog is going, per say, so you may see some different types of posts as I test and play around.
3. Make business cards: No explanation needed here!
4. Design a summer Capsule Wardrobe: Every time I see The Lovely Stars post updates on her Capsule Wardrobe, it reminds me (and makes me feel guilty) that I keep meaning to do one myself. Time to officially do it for the summer!
5. Read a (blogging) business related book: Seeing as I’m working on taking my page more seriously, it only makes sense that I should read more and study more on different ways to improve it!
What are your (blog or other) goals for June?