I realized this morning that this is actually my first Weekly Wishes post I’ve done this year! I took a long break (obviously). I realized that I had so many other things going on that I’d be making these goals each week and never really internalize and accomplish them. It seemed foolish to do so, so I took some time off.
I’ve been spending a lot of time internalizing things recently. I’m not sure if “internalizing” is the right word, but I’ve been spending a lot of time thinking about how to be happier.
Now that isn’t to say I’m particularly unhappy, or depressed, but after reading this article from Mind Body Green and realizing a lot of the signs hit home, I decided it’s time for a change. It’s been something I’ve slowly been unearthing and contemplating for a while (along with Chai Rice Oatmeal) and I’ve slowly been working on eliminating “stuff” and clutter. Baby steps in the right direction. I don’t want to live day-to-day being “ok” and feeling “mediocre”- I want to wake up excited for what the day brings and passionate about what I’m doing.
Now I’ve never been a big fan of New Years Resolutions- or more accurately, I’ve never been a fan of the need to wait for the “right time”. If you know something isn’t right, or you aren’t happy with something and want to make a change then just do it. There’s no need to wait until the new year (or some other specific date). Think about what it is you want to do, why you want to do it, plan steps out and start.
I’ve been doing “research” into living a more minimalistic lifestyle, (such as capsule wardrobes), and talking with Ashley about being productive, yet satisfied (she is so fun and inspiring to talk to has great tips on keeping busy with your blog and still being “active” and happy). All of these are things I am working on.
So that’s what brings us here to today, Monday, March 3rd. With the sun shining and reflecting off yesterday’s snow, it’s time for a fresh start.
Instead of planning for “Weekly” Goals, this time I’m going to aim for goals to focus on this month to continue to implement in the future.
- Start 100 Happy Days: It’s funny how I’ve been into this idea but have somehow been afraid of actually starting it! So the time is now- I’m officially going to sign up and start the #100HappyDays Challenge. I’ll post about it on Instagram.
- Implement a Spring Capsule Wardrobe: I’ve slowly been grabbing up clothes I have currently and tossing ones I don’t love (and subsequently just wear because I have it) but I want to officially do a capsule wardrobe for spring. While it feels a little strange, I’ve been enjoying grabbing up an item or two a day (not just clothes) and tossing it into the donations box. I feel “lighter” each time I do it.
- Go for Walks: I used to do this daily when I was in Maryland and maybe it’s been been the bad weather and maybe it’s been the changing schedule, but I stopped doing this. I walk the dogs around the blog, same trip, same route each day and that’s it. It’s time to break the routine and start walking them around more and “explore”.
- Make a Blogging Work Schedule: I’ve been working on this one for a while- it’s just tricky because my schedule often changes daily so finding something remotely consistent has been tricky but I’m determined to figure out something!
- Take Time Off: Sundays are officially going to be my day off. I always plan on going into the city to work out etc and it just never happens because by the time Sunday rolls around I’m just so tired and exhausted that I need to rest. It’s time I officially acknowledge that and plan for it.
Anyway, I hope you guys are all doing well and have a wonderful day! If you aren’t happy, think about it and take the time and steps you need to make it better!